|SWL2.5, SWL5, SWL10, SWL15, SWL20, SWL25, SWL35, SWL50, SWL100, SWL120
|Basic lifting component, compact structure, small size, light weight, no noise, safe and convenient, flexible use, high reliability, wide power source, multiple supporting functions, long service life
|Single or combined use, can accurately control the adjustment of lifting or pushing height according to a certain program, can be directly driven by motor or other power, can also be manual
|Lifting Efficiency and Load Capacity
|Special and advanced technology has been developed to improve the overall performance of the jack
|Type 1 – Screw moves axially; Type 2 – Screw rotates, nut moves axially
|Type A – Screw/nut moves upwards; Type B – Screw/nut moves downwards
|Screw Head Type
|Type 1 structure screw head: Type I (cylindrical), Type II (flange), Type III (threaded), Type IV (flat head); Type 2 structure screw head: Type I (cylindrical), Type III (threaded)
|Ordinary speed ratio (P), slow speed ratio (M), medium speed ratio (F) can be customized according to user requirements
|Lifting Load Capacity
|2.5kN, 5kN, 10kN, 15kN, 20kN, 25kN, 35kN, 50kN, 100kN, 120kN
|Type 1 structure: basic type (no protection), anti-rotation type (F), with protective cover (Z), anti-rotation and protective cover (FZ); Type 2 structure: basic type (no protection)
Product description: SWL series worm gear screw lift is a basic lifting component with many advantages such as compact structure, small volume, light weight, no noise, safety and convenience, flexible use, high reliability, wide power source, many supporting functions and long service life. It can be used singly or in combination, can adjust the height of lifting or advancing accurately according to certain procedures, and can be driven directly by electric motor or other power, or manually. In order to improve the efficiency and carrying capacity of SWL series worm gear screw lift, special and advanced technology is developed to improve the comprehensive performance of the lift to meet the requirements of the majority of customers. SWL series worm gear screw lift has different structure types and assembly types, and the lifting height can be customized according to the user’s requirements.
Q:What information should I tell you to confirm speed reducer?
A: Model/Size, Transmission Ratio, Shaft directions & Order quantity.
Q:What if I don’t know which gear reducer I need?
A:Don’t worry, Send as much information as you can, our team will help you find the right 1 you are looking for.
Q:What should I provide if I want to order NON-STANDERD speed reducers?
A: Drafts, Dimensions, Pictures and samples if possible.
Q:What is the MOQ?
A: It is OK for 1 or small pieces trial order for quality testing.
Q:How long should I wait for the feedback after I send the inquiry?
A: Within 6 hours
Q:What is the payment term?
A:You can pay via T/T(30% in advance+70% before delivery), L/C ,West Union etc
|Standard or Nonstandard:
|Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
Can worm gears be used in precision manufacturing equipment?
Yes, worm gears can be used in precision manufacturing equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of their use in precision manufacturing:
1. Precision Motion Control: Worm gears can provide precise motion control in manufacturing equipment. Their design allows for high gear ratios, which enables fine adjustments and precise positioning. This is particularly useful in applications where accurate and repeatable movement is required, such as CNC machines, robotic arms, and coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
2. Load Holding and Backdriving Prevention: Worm gears have a self-locking characteristic, meaning they can hold loads in position without the need for additional brakes or clutches. This feature is advantageous in precision manufacturing equipment where holding a position is critical. The self-locking property also helps prevent backdriving, ensuring stability and accuracy during operation.
3. Compact Design: Worm gears have a compact design, which can be beneficial in space-constrained manufacturing equipment. Their worm and worm wheel configuration allows for a compact footprint, making them suitable for applications where size limitations exist.
4. High Torque Transmission: Worm gears can transmit high torque, making them suitable for heavy-duty precision manufacturing equipment. The meshing of the worm and worm wheel generates a large contact area, enabling efficient power transfer and load handling capabilities.
5. Reduced Noise and Vibration: Worm gears operate with a sliding motion rather than a rolling motion, resulting in reduced noise and vibration levels. This characteristic is advantageous in precision manufacturing equipment, as it helps maintain a quieter working environment and minimizes potential disturbances that could affect the precision of the manufacturing process.
6. Lubrication and Maintenance: Proper lubrication is crucial for the efficient and reliable operation of worm gears in precision manufacturing equipment. Lubricants help reduce friction and wear between the gear teeth, ensuring smooth and accurate motion. Regular maintenance and lubrication schedules should be followed to optimize gear performance and extend their service life.
While worm gears offer several advantages in precision manufacturing equipment, it’s important to consider the specific requirements of the application. Factors such as gear ratio, efficiency, backlash, and operating conditions should be carefully evaluated to ensure that worm gears are the appropriate choice for achieving the desired precision and performance.
Overall, worm gears can be successfully utilized in precision manufacturing equipment, providing precise motion control, load holding capabilities, compactness, and high torque transmission. When properly selected, installed, and maintained, worm gears can contribute to the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of precision manufacturing processes.
How do you retrofit an existing mechanical system with a worm gear?
When retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a worm gear, several considerations need to be taken into account. Here’s a detailed explanation of the retrofitting process:
- Evaluate the existing system: Before proceeding with the retrofit, thoroughly assess the existing mechanical system. Understand its design, function, and limitations. Identify the specific reasons for considering a worm gear retrofit, such as the need for increased torque, improved efficiency, or enhanced precision.
- Analyze compatibility: Evaluate the compatibility of a worm gear with the existing system. Consider factors such as available space, structural integrity, alignment requirements, and the load-bearing capacity of the system. Ensure that the addition of a worm gear will not compromise the overall performance or safety of the system.
- Select the appropriate worm gear: Based on the requirements and constraints of the retrofit, choose a suitable worm gear. Consider factors such as gear ratio, torque capacity, efficiency, backlash, and mounting options. Select a worm gear that matches the specific needs of the retrofit and is compatible with the existing system.
- Modify or adapt the system: Depending on the compatibility analysis, it may be necessary to modify or adapt certain components of the existing system to accommodate the worm gear. This can involve making adjustments to shafts, bearings, housings, or other mechanical elements. Ensure that any modifications or adaptations are carried out with precision and adhere to industry standards.
- Install the worm gear: Install the selected worm gear into the modified or adapted system. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines for proper installation. Pay attention to torque specifications, lubrication requirements, and any specific assembly procedures. Ensure that the worm gear is securely mounted and aligned to minimize misalignment and maximize performance.
- Test and optimize: After the installation, thoroughly test the retrofitted system to ensure its functionality and performance. Conduct tests to verify torque transmission, efficiency, backlash, noise levels, and any other relevant parameters. Monitor the system during operation and make any necessary adjustments or optimizations to fine-tune its performance.
- Document and maintain: Document the retrofitting process, including any modifications, adjustments, or optimizations made to the existing system. Keep records of installation procedures, test results, and maintenance activities. Regularly inspect and maintain the retrofitted system to ensure its continued performance and reliability.
It’s important to note that retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a worm gear requires expertise in mechanical engineering and an understanding of the specific system requirements. If you lack the necessary knowledge or experience, it is advisable to consult with professionals or engineers specializing in power transmission systems to ensure a successful retrofit.
What are the benefits of using a worm gear mechanism?
Using a worm gear mechanism offers several benefits in various applications. Here are some of the advantages:
- High Gear Reduction: Worm gears provide high gear reduction ratios, allowing for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. This makes them suitable for applications where a small input speed or high torque output is required.
- Compact Design: Worm gears have a compact design, with the worm and worm wheel positioned at right angles to each other. This makes them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size and weight limitations exist.
- Self-Locking: Worm gears exhibit a self-locking characteristic due to the angle of the worm’s helical thread. This means that the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. The self-locking feature allows worm gears to hold position without additional braking mechanisms, making them suitable for applications that require mechanical holding or braking capabilities.
- Quiet Operation: Worm gear mechanisms are known for their quiet operation. The helical nature of the worm’s thread and the meshing with the worm wheel teeth help reduce noise and vibration, resulting in smoother and quieter performance.
- Shock Load Resistance: Worm gears are capable of handling moderate to high shock loads due to their inherent design. The sliding action between the worm and worm wheel allows the gear system to absorb and distribute sudden impacts and loads effectively.
- Versatile Mounting Options: Worm gears can be mounted in various orientations, including horizontal, vertical, and inclined positions, providing flexibility in design and installation.
- High Torque Transmission: The design of worm gears allows for efficient transmission of high torque. This makes them suitable for applications that require heavy-duty torque requirements, such as lifting mechanisms, conveyor systems, and machine tools.
- Simple Lubrication: Worm gears typically require lubrication to reduce friction and wear. However, compared to some other gear types, worm gears have relatively simple lubrication requirements due to the sliding action between the worm and worm wheel. Proper lubrication helps extend the lifespan of the gear system and maintain its performance.
These benefits make worm gear mechanisms well-suited for a wide range of applications, including automotive systems, industrial machinery, elevators, robotics, and more. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and limitations of each application to ensure the optimal use of worm gears.
editor by CX 2023-09-28